Why would I become a Stroll Buddy?
Because it is fun!
Aside from the ‘fun part’ people also become a Stroll Buddy because:
- They want to meet people from all over the world.
- Stroll Buddies share their pride for their city or region.
- Being a Stroll Buddy is a volunteer opportunity when you want and as often as you want!
- There is no training involved but lots of support.
- Your Stroll is a gift to the people visiting your city thus “Making the world a better place, one Stroll at the time…”
- Stroll Buddies are never obliged to accept a booking request! It is ‘polite’ though to tell the visitors there is no Stroll Buddy available of course.
- Stroll Buddies like to discover new things like languages, another culture and meet interesting people.
Are there any rules to become a Stroll Buddy?
Yes, we have some rules. Nothing too official though, that is why we call it our “Stroll Buddy Promise”. If you become a Stroll Buddy we ask you to make a promise that underpins what the Stroll Buddy concept stands for:
- Offer a friendly face for those visiting your city – area
- Welcome individuals or small groups of up to six people
- Volunteer and not to charge for the StrollBuddy experience
- Welcome visitors without any kind of discrimination
- Support sustainability
- Oh, and we ask you to be 18 years of age.
Do I need a website to become a Stroll Buddy?
We will create a digital infrastructure for you. Visitors will look for a Stroll Buddy in your city and fill out the BOOK A STROLL BUDDY form. This will be sent to you and it is up to you to accept or refuse the request.
Can there be more Stroll Buddies in one city?
Yes, for sure.
There are plenty of destinations with more than one Stroll Buddy. Application forms from visitors will be sent to all Stroll Buddies that match the application, based on availability, languages spoken and areas of interest.
The bulk of destinations are started by single Stroll Buddies. People that just enjoy a Stroll and chat about their great city and how they are personally connected to it.
All you need to start is enthusiasm, the rest will fall into place…
Who became Stroll Buddies?
Most people were either looking for a volunteer opportunity in their city OR they were travelling and met with a Stroll Buddy somewhere around the world. They enjoyed their Stroll so much as a visitor that they decided to become a Stroll Buddy themselves.