Become a Stroll Buddy? Why?
Why would I become a Stroll Buddy
Because it is fun!
Aside from the ‘fun part’ people also become a Stroll Buddy because:
- They want to meet people from all over the world.
- Stroll Buddies share their pride for their city or region.
- Being a Stroll Buddy is a volunteer opportunity when you want and as often as you want!
- There is no training involved.
We ask you to tell your story about your city. Please don’t even pretend to be a guide telling their clients the same story over and over again!
- There is no money involved in the meeting.
This is an important aspect as it levels the relation between you and your guests. Your Stroll is a gift to the people visiting your city thus “Making the world a better place, one Stroll at the time…”
- Stroll Buddies are never obliged to accept a booking request!
It is ‘polite’ though to tell the visitors there is no Stroll Buddy available of course.
- StrollBuddies get to learn.
Sometimes languages, another culture. But for sure another human being.
Are there any rules to become a Stroll Buddy?
Yes, we have some rules. Nothing too official though, that is why we call them our promises. If you become a StrollBuddy we ask you to make a promise that underpins what the StrollBuddy concept stands for:
- Offer a friendly face for those visiting your city – area
- Welcome individuals or small groups of up to six people
- Volunteer and not to charge for the StrollBuddy experience
- Welcome visitors without any kind of discrimination
- Support sustainability
- Oh, and we ask you to be 18 years of age.
Do I need a website to become a Stroll Buddy?
We will create the digital infrastructure for you. Visitors will look for a Stroll Buddy in your city and fill out the BOOK A STROLL BUDDY form. This will be sent to you and it is up to you to accept or refuse the request.
Can there be more Stroll Buddies in one city?
Yes, for sure.
There are plenty of destinations with more than one Stroll Buddy. Application forms from visitors will be sent to all StrollBuddies that match the application, based on availability, languages spoken and areas of interest.
The bulk of destinations are started by single Stroll Buddies. People that just enjoy the Stroll and the chat about their great city and how they are personally connected to it.
All you need to start is enthusiasm, the rest will fall into place…
You feel confident to become a Stroll Buddy?
Just go ahead fill out the BECOME A STROLL BUDDY form.
Who became Stroll Buddies?
Most people were either looking for a volunteer opportunity in their city OR they were traveling and met with a Stroll Buddy (or Greeter as they were called before) ‘somewhere around the world’.
They so much enjoyed their Stroll as a visitor, they decided to become a Stroll Buddy themselves.